- on Feb 02, 2023
Dodgeball is a team sport in which players on two teams try to throw balls and hit opponents, while avoiding being hit themselves. The objective of each team is to eliminate all members of the opposing team by hitting them with thrown balls, catching a ball thrown by an opponent, or inducing an opponent to commit a violation, such as stepping outside the court. The sport is played informally under varying rules; and formally as an international sport, under rules that vary among international governing bodies, such as the World Dodgeball Federation and the World Dodgeball Association. USA Dodgeball is the governing entity for dodgeball in the United States, with member leagues and clubs across the nation. The origins of dodgeball are fairly sketchy but it has been a popular game for a considerable period of time. The game is a regular part of physical education classes in schools and the popularity of the sport reached new levels thanks to the motion picture Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story’ featuring Vince Vaughn, Ben Stiller and Christine Taylor. The number of dodgeballs used varies, but usually it’s around three to ten. At the start of the game, the balls are lined up in the middle of the field. The players will then rush towards the middle, grab the dodgeballs, and roll it to their teammates. After this, they can start throwing towards the opposing team. 온라인경마
Players & Equipment
There is no fixed amount of players that are needed to have a dodgeball game, with games varying between small numbers to large players. A lot will depend on the space available to play the game and the overall pool of player available. School leagues or regulated games will have a set number of players, which again will differ from each league.
There is no fixed dimension and area for a dodgeball game with the game going ahead on the most appropriate surface and venue. Similarly, there is no universal agreement on the balls that are used in a dodgeball game. Players operating in a league format would be expected to all play with the same ball size or type but this can be agreed by each individual league. Many consider it to be of benefit to play with an odd number of dodgeballs so there is always scope for a team to be on the offensive.
The game commences with the opening rush. All the dodgeballs are lined up in the centre of the court, with both teams rushing from their base line to the balls. Players have to simultaneously grab and throw a dodgeball or roll it back to a team-mate. To play dodgeball, the minimum amount of equipment required is 5 balls and a court to play on. In a regulation game, uniforms can be worn.
Rules of Dodgeball
- The number of players, number of balls, size of court and length of game can be determined by the organisers.
- Players must remain within the court at all times, unless collecting dead balls.
- Players are allowed to leave the court to collect balls but they are not allowed to throw the ball until they are back within the court. If a player leaves the court for any other purpose or they throw a ball from outside the court, they are eliminated.
- The rules regarding headshots can be decided upon personal preference or by order of an official body. Some games will see the throwing player eliminated if an opponent is stuck on the head, some games will see the player struck on the head eliminated.
- Players struck with a ball that is then caught before it becomes dead are eliminated.
- When a player catches a ball, the throwing player will be eliminated.