Referee ‘forced termination against Ghana’ took out ‘yellow card + red card’ in 12 seconds of PL match

Referee Anthony Taylor, who has a deep relationship with South Korea, held up a yellow card and a red card in 12 seconds this time.

Brighton and Hove Albio defeated Nottingham Forest 3-2 in the 13th round of the 2023/24 season of the English Premier League (PL) held at the City Ground in Nottingham, England on Wednesday (Korea time). Brighton was ranked seventh in the league.

The goal was scored early on. Nottingham scored the first goal. In the third minute of the first half, Antony Elanga headed in after a Morgan Gibbs-White cross. 토토사이트

Brighton also fought back. Evan Ferguson shot the ball into Nottingham’s net in the 26th minute of the first half with a precise shot from the inside of the penalty box. Joao Pedrou converted Pascal Gross’ cross with a header in the 4th minute of extra time in the first half.

Brighton widened the gap. In the 11th minute of the second half, Nottingham Chris Wood caught Pedro in the penalty box. A video review declared a penalty, and Pedro finished neatly.

There was a variable. Brighton gave up a penalty kick in the 36th minute of the second half. It was a decision that came at the end of the video review, and Lewis Dunk received a yellow card while protesting.

Dunk didn’t understand the yellow card, so he said something to the referee and turned around. The referee called him up and put out a red card. It was a direct exit, not accumulation of warnings. So Dunk left the ground.

It happened for about 12 seconds. Exactly what Dunk said to the referee was not delivered. Local media expect him to have made insulting remarks as the red card was immediately released.

Meanwhile, the referee who gave Dunk a red card was none other than Anthony Taylor. In a group qualifying match between South Korea and Ghana at the 2022 FIFA World Cup Qatar, he blew the whistle in the final minutes of the match just ahead of Korea’s corner kick. Taylor also gave a red card to Paulo Bento, who was protesting.

He also declared a foul on Hwang Hee-chan in the penalty box during the last match between Wolverhampton and Newcastle. He made the decision without checking the VAR, and was demoted to the England Championship (second division) referee. Since then, he has been criticized when he sneaked back to the Chelsea and Manchester City matches.

4 replies on “Referee ‘forced termination against Ghana’ took out ‘yellow card + red card’ in 12 seconds of PL match”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *